Has been gigging as compere and opener throughout the UK, as well as a few appearances in New York, Tel Aviv and Auckland where I headlined at The Classic.
As well as many gigs around the UK, for multiple promoters including Miles Crawford of JokeKlub and Richard Minnis of Out of Bounds, I have worked regularly at London-based venues such as Covent Garden Comedy, Back Yard Comedy and The Comedy Cafe (where I won their New Act night twice), and I was the final record breaking act on stage as the Guinness World Record for the longest stand up gig was broken. I have also just been working as a rehearsal guest on BBC TV’s Mock the Week and a finalist in Bobby Carroll’s Comedy Knights’ Fresh Comedian of the Year competition and know he would give you a good reference for me, as would Julia Chamberlain of Highlights/Jongleurs and any of the venues mentioned above.
- Semi-Finalist in the Montreux Comedy Festival Competition 2014
- Finalist in the Comedy Knights’ Fresh Comedian of the Year 2014
- Winner of the Comedy Cafe New Act Night – April 2012
- Finalist in the Golden Jester New Act Competition 2012
- Winner of the Comedy Cafe New Act Night – October 2011
- Beaten the gong at the Oxford Comedy Festival
- Beaten the gong at Off with their Head’s ‘Gong in 60 Seconds’
“Philip Simon is never less than hilarious” The Stage
“Polished performer who makes everyday subjects funny, even though we sometimes may be embarassed to laugh at his subject 'matter. Excellent stuff...Superb stage presence, very professional and a little bit naughty!” Alan Sellers, Great Comedy Nights
“A delightfully polished performer with a flair for observational humour. His twisted take on the everyday has seen him become established as a darn fine opening act with a laconic delivery that is a joy to behold.” Anthony J Brown, Stage Fright Comedy